Human Growth Hormone: Use and Abuse
July 31, 2018
Human growth hormones(Hgh) is a substance secreted within the body system that helps regulate growth of body parts and metabolism. These hormones are not only produced naturally in the human body but can also be synthesized in the laboratory for therapeutic purposes. Growth hormones are secreted from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain. It helps the little baby grow up into adulthood, it helps increase body mass , decreqse body fat.
By affecting general body metabolism, growth hormones regulate the rate at which energy is produced and other substances in the body. Excess or deficit in the human growth hormone can cause serious health conditions.
Growth hormone is a 191-amino acid, single-chain polypeptide that is synthesized , stored and secreted by somatotropic cells within the lateral wings of the anterior pituitary gland. GH is a stress hormone that raises the concentration of glucose and free fatty acids. The human growth hormone having raised the concentration of free fatty acids, also mobilizes fat for metabolism to produce energy to run physiological activities.
# Use of human growth hormone.
Human growth hormones can be used for therapeutic reasons under the prescription of a certified health officer. These uses include
– growth hormone deficiency; this leads to reduction in growth in the affected individual relative to children of same age, as in short stature. These conditions are associated; chronic kidney disease, turner syndrome and prader-willi syndrome
-while in adult; growth hormone can be used to treat growth hormone deficiency, as in muscle wastin in HIV and short bowel syndrome. See more.
# Abuse of human growth hormone
This implies the use of growth hormone without appropriate prescription and for uses other than the designated purpose. Some persons in a healthy state take this growth hormones with several intentions at heart, which include
– to build muscle mass and increase endurance in athletes
-to reverse the process of ageing
– to decrease body fat, by increasing lipolysis( mobilization of fatty acid from adipose tissues for energy production)
-some even take it with insulin which increases the effect of growth hormone but decreases body blood glucose.
# Risk associated with Abuse of growth hormone
– short term abuse ; side effects of short term abuse of growth hormone include muscle pain, joint pain, fluid build up and swelling in the joint.
– long term abuse; the effects of long term abuse include , heart attack and the illegally administered growth hormone may contain harmful ingredients.
Human growth hormones are very important to our growth and metabolism, deficiency of which causes stunted growth in children, lowered metabolic rate and other lethal effects. On the contrary, the side effects of excess growth hormone is also lethal to the human body.
The human growth hormone can be synthesized in the laboratory for therapeutic purposes, which helps in cases of deficiency, it could be administered by injection under the prescription of an approved health agency. Moreover, abuse of this growth hormone causes serious health problems. For more information visit: http://lifeballer.com/the-study-and-strengths-of-human-growth-hormone/